Cantonese hotpot ingredients
- 8 oz Rump steak -- trimmed
- 12 oz chicken breasts without
- 4 oz Mange tout
- 8 oz Prawns -- peeled
- 1 Red bell pepper -- seeded
- And sliced
- 4 oz Button mushrooms -- halved
- 8 oz Can bamboo shoots --
- 3 pt chicken stock
- 2 t Fresh root ginger -- peeled
- 2 oz Fine egg noodles -- broken
- FOR YELLOW BEAN SAUCE
- 1 T soy sauce
- 2 T Yellow bean sauce
- 1 T Dry sherry
- 1 Fresh green chilli -- seeded
- And chopped
Cooking Cantonese hotpot
1. Slice steak and chicken thinly and arrange on six individual plates.
2. Top and tail mange tout and arrange on plates with prawns and remaining vegetables.
3. Put stock into a large saucepan with ginger and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Soak egg noodles in warm water for 10 minutes, then drain and put into a serving bowl.
5. In a bowl combine ingredients for yellow bean sauce, then add 2 tablespoons water and divide between 6 small dishes.
6. Pour stock into fondue pot, bring back to simmering, place over burner.
7. Food is cooked in stock using fondue forks and dipped in sauce before eating.
8. When meat and vegetables have all been eaten, add noodles to fondue pot, heat through, then ladle soup into bowls.