- 1 pk Frozen green beans
- 1 Onions
- 1 garlic cloves
- 2 fresh peach
- 1⁄2 c Cashews
- 2 c water
- 2 t curry powder
- 1⁄2 t Turmeric
- 1⁄4 t Cinnamon
- 1 c Long grain rice
1. Place frozen beans in colander.
2. Run hot water over to thaw; drain well.
3. Combine Curryi Ricei (see below), onion and garlic.
4. Turn half into 1-½ quart casserole.
5. Cover with peaches, cashews and green beans.
6. Top with remaining Curry Rice mixture.
7. Microwave until heated through or cover with foil and bake in 375 °F. Oven 50 minutes.
8. As an option, serve with plain low-fat yogurt, additional sliced peaches and raisins.
9. CURRY RICE: Combine 2 cups water, 2 teaspoons curry powder, ½ teaspoon turmeric and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon in saucepan.
10. Cover and bring to boil.
11. Add 1 cup long grain white rice, cover and return to boil.
12. Reducei heat; simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.