Bringe (Rice with Coconut Milk)
Bringe (Rice with Coconut Milk) ingredients
- 2 T chorizo de bilbao fat
- 2 clv garlic, minced
- 1 Onions, sliced
- 1 kg chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 chorizo de bilbao, sliced
- Salt to taste
- 1 t Pepper
- 2 T patis
- 3 T Turmeric juice
- 3 1⁄4 c coconut milk from 1 coconut
- 1⁄2 c glutinous rice, washed
- 1 1⁄4 c rice, washed
- 1 Bay leaf
- Banana leaves
- 2 Red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 hard-cooked egg, in wedges
Cooking Bringe (Rice with Coconut Milk)
1. Sautei garlic and onions in fat. Add chicken pieces and chorizo.
2. Seasoni with patis.
3. Simmeri 5 minutes.
4. Add turmeric juice and coconut milk and simmer 5 minutes more.
5. Blend in washed rices.
6. Stiri to prevent burning at bottom.
7. Add bay leaf.
8. Cook 2 minutes more.
9. Transfer 1/2 of mixture to skillet.
10. Cover both pans with banana leaves and continue cooking in oven at 350 degrees F. Serve on a platter, garnished with egg wedges and pimiento strips.