- 8 Sprigs chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 c Bread crumbs
- 2 Whole hard-cooked diced eggs
- 1 T Dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 lb Round steak
- 2 T flour
- 3⁄4 c water
- 2 Strips diced bacon
- 3 Cloves minced garlic
- 1 T Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 Onion, small/finely chopped
- 1⁄4 t Ground pepper
- 1 Whole beaten egg
- 1⁄4 c Olive or vegetable oil
- 1 Spaghetti sauce (opt)
- 1⁄4 t Oregano
1. A good meat recipe to serve with lasagne or pasta meals place parsley, garlic, bread crumbs, cheese, onion, hard-cooked eggs, diced bacon, pepper, and a pinch of oregano in a bowl and mix well.
2. Pound the steak on both of its sides and lay it flat on a table.
3. Spread mixed ingredients on top of steak.
4. Foldi edges in and roll.
5. Tie securely with string.
6. Dip rolled and tied steak in beaten egg, then in flour.
7. Heat oil in a skillet, saute steak on all sides until golden brown.
8. Place in a roasting pan. Add water and roast in a 350°F.
9. Oven for 45 minutes.
10. Cut into 1-½ inch slices and serve as is, or pour spaghetti sauce over the steak, if desired.