Befsztyk tatarski (steak tartare)
Befsztyk tatarski (steak tartare) ingredients
- 1 lb Beef, lean, top round or
- 6 Egg yolks
- 1 t Onion powder
- 1 t Salt
- 1⁄4 t Pepper, black
- 1 t Oil, vegetable
- 1⁄4 c chives, chopped
Cooking Befsztyk tatarski (steak tartare)
1. Using a grinder or food processor fitted with a metal blade, process beef until finely minced.
2. Process a second time.
3. Do not puree.
4. In a medium bowl, combine beef, egg yolks, onion powder, salt, pepper and oil. Cover with foil; refrigerate at least 1 hour.
5. Garnishi with chives.
6. Serve as a side dish or a spread with crackers, bread or toast.
7. Be sure beef is very lean as fat is not appetizing in tartare.