Beef tongue with lentils
Beef tongue with lentils ingredients
- 5 T butter
- 1 c Onions; chopped fine
- 1 T garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 lb Cooked ham, cut into very
- Small cubes(about ¼ cup)
- 1 lb Lentils
- 3⁄4 c Canned tomatoes
- 1⁄4 c Tomato paste
- 5 c water
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1⁄4 t thyme
- 4 Sprigs of parsley
- 2 1⁄4 lb Fully cooked tongue
- In one piece
Cooking Beef tongue with lentils
1. Heat 2 tbsp of butter in a large saucepan or small kettle and add the onions and garlic.
2. Cook, stirring, until wilted.
3. Add the ham and lentils and stir briefly.
4. Add the tomatoes with tomato paste, water, bay leaf, thyme and parsley.
5. Add the tongue.
6. Bring to a boil.
7. Cover the pan and let simmer 35 min. oe until the lentils are tender.
8. Remove the tongue.
9. Stiri the remaining butter into the lentil mixture.
10. Discard the bay leaf.
11. Slice the tongue and serve with the lentils.
12. This dish: langue de boeuf aux lentille.