Basic teriyaki sauce
Basic teriyaki sauce ingredients
- 1 c Mirin wine
- 1 c Sake
- 1 c Japanese soy sauce
- 1 c Dashi
- 1 T Sugar
Cooking Basic teriyaki sauce
1. Warm the mirin and sake in a saucepan over moderate heat.
2. Remove the pan from the burner.
3. Carefully, ignite the mixture and shake back and forth until the flame dies.
4. Return pan to the burner and add the soy sauce, dashi and sugar; bring to a boil.
5. Cool to room temperature.
6. Set aside in a saucepan ½ cup of the teriyaki sauce.
7. Dip pieces of meat (chicken, sliced beef, etc).
8. Into remaining sauce to marinate.
9. Grilli meats.
10. Reducei the sauce in the saucepan over high heat into a thickened glaze.
11. Makes 1 quart.