Barbecued pig's tails
Barbecued pig's tails ingredients
- 2 Dozen pigs' tails
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 c Tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 c Tomato paste
- 1⁄4 c Brown sugar or syrup
- -[Maple, perchance? S.C.]
- 2 T Wine vinegar
- 1 t worchestershire sause
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 Clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 t Dry mustard
- Salt and freshly ground
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 t Rosemary (optional)
Cooking Barbecued pig's tails
1. We attribute this recipe to the mennonite colony of ontario.
2. It"s often served at picnics and is known as one of the favorite foods at stag parties.
3. prepare pigs" tails according to step i in basic instructions; cut in 3-inch pieces.
4. Place pigs" tails on a rack and bake in a 300f oven for 2 to 3 hours, until meat is tender and most of the fat has baked off. An alternate method to this is to simmer the pigs" tails in acidulated water for 1 ½ hours.
5. combine all other ingredients for barbecue sauce, coating tails well.
6. Grilli over hot charcoal, turning and basting, until crisp.
7. If fresh rosemary is available, break off several branches, tie them together and use as a basting brush.
8. For barbecuing, we prefer leaving the tails uncut or halved so as to have fewer piece to constantly turn.
9. serve with traditional barbecue accompaniments such as corn-on-the- cob, french bread and green salad.
10. serves 6 to 8. all these recipes are from "innards and other variety meats".
11. Jana allen and margret gin. 101 productions.
12. San francisco, 1974.