Austrian Cheesecake ingredients
- 2 c Cottage or Farmer Cheese
- 1⁄2 c Sugar, granulated
- 5 Eggs -- Large, Separated
- 1⁄2 c Milk
- 1⁄2 t Lemon rind -- grated
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 c Unbleached flour -- sifted
- 1⁄4 c Confectioners' sugar
- 3 T Golden Raisins -- FinelyChopped
Cooking Austrian Cheesecake
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Press the cheese through a sieve.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cheese and sugar until light.
3. Add the egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition, then add the milk, lemon rind, and vanilla.
4. Stiri in the flour and blend until smooth.
5. In another large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks, then gradually add the confectioners' sugar beating until they form stiff peaks.
6. Foldi the whites into the cheese mixture.
7. Gently stir in the raisin bits, then pour the mixture into the prepared crust.
8. Bakei for 55 minutes or until the center appears firm.
9. Let the cake cool in the oven for 15 minutes, then allow to cool to room temperature.