Angel biscuits 2
Angel biscuits 2 ingredients
- 2 pk Dry yeast, ¼oz each
- 1⁄4 c -Warm water (110-degrees)
- 2 c Buttermilk, warm
- 5 c flour
- 1⁄3 c Sugar
- 1 T baking powder
- 1 t Baking soda
- 1 T Salt
- 1 c -Shortening
- butter, melted
Cooking Angel biscuits 2
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water.
2. Let stand 5 minutes.
3. Stiri in the buttermilk; set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt.
5. Cut ini shortening with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
6. Stir in yeast/buttermilk mixture; mix well.
7. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface; knead lightly 3-4 times.
8. Roll to a ½-inch thickness.
9. Cut with a 2-½-inch biscuit cutter.
10. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
11. Cover and let rise in a warm place about 1-½ hours.
12. Bakei at 450°F for 8-10 minutes.
13. Lightly brush tops with melted butter.
14. =faye hintz, springfield,mo, "taste of home" premiere edition.