Ajad (ladas' cucumber salad)
Ajad (ladas' cucumber salad) ingredients
- 3 T Rice vinegar
- 1 T Sugar
- 1⁄2 t Salt
- 1 ds Black pepper
- 1 8-oz cucumber, peeled
- 1⁄2 c Red onion; thinly sliced
- 2 T Cilantro, chopped
- 1 small Fresh red chili or serrano
- -chili, sliced
Cooking Ajad (ladas' cucumber salad)
1. * cut slices into thirds or quarters before measuring in a medium-size bowl, stir vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper until sugar and salt are dissolved.
2. Quarter cucumber lengthwise.
3. Cut quarters crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick slices.
4. Add cucumber, onion, cilantro and chili to vinegar dressing; toss until combined.
5. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
6. Notes : this spicy relish is served with satay, barbecued chicken and many other thai dishes.